Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Morning Skin Care Routine

Good morning everyone! I am actually updating this blog from work....Shhh! Don't tell anybody! I'm supposed to be working! :)
I have gotten some questions regarding my skin care, so I thought I would give you guys a break down of my morning skin care routine. Very simple and basic and the products I use are very affordable and work well! I have very sensitive skin and several products that I have used either dry my skin terribly or cause me to break out. So, here we go:

1. I always use a very gentle cleanser on my skin. I need something very simple, but I still want my skin to feel cleansed. I really like Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It has a wonderful creamy consistency, which feels amazing.
cetaphil

2. After patting my face with a towel, but while it is still slightly damp, I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Eliminating Astringent on a cotton ball and cover my entire face - focusing on my chin, my hairline, and the corners of my nose. My face feels incredible after using this...slightly tighter and rejuvenated! The only downfall to this product is the scent - it's very strong! So be careful when going around the nose if you're sensitive to alcohol scented astringents!
neutrogena astringent

3. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I cannot stress how important this step is! Retaining your skin's moisture is key in fighting early wrinkles! My favorite under eye cream is Garnier Nutritioniste Anti-Wrinkle Firming Eye Cream. It is so rich and creamy! I keep it stored in the refrigerator, which keeps the product cool to help decrease puffiness as well! I just dot it under my eyes, focusing on the inner portion and outer (where the Crow's feet show up), as well as the lid and just dab it with my ring finger until it dries I never rub it in! The skin in the eye area is very thin and delicate - we don't want to pull the skin. We're trying to fight wrinkles, remember, not promote them! :)
AAAADAYrV6YAAAAAADH11A

4. Last step - facial moisturizing! Another product I love is Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture. All I need is one pump for my entire face! I try to apply this while my face is dry yet still feels supple. It will hold the moisture better if it is allowed to "dry into" the skin instead of just applied on top.
neutrogena lotion

Hope this answers some questions for you! I will follow up with my nighttime routine, which varies slightly from the daytime routine. Until then, I have to get back to work! Unfortunately, I don't get paid to blog! :)

No comments: